It’s kind of a strange Monday. I was off last night. Carlos slept until almost 7am which is unheard of, but a very nice unexpected surprise for me. Everyone is home today because of the holiday. However, Carlos spent the day with my Dad and Orlando did yard work and errands. I went on my last longish run before the Philadelphia Marathon next weekend. The weather was balmy and overcast; perfect for a run. Then I spent a good hour chatting on the phone with one of my best friends. I was not interrupted or distracted by anyone or anything. What a treat!
I’m excited about this week’s FMM because I recently tried something new to help save time with grocery shopping and I was planning to share it here anyway. If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so everyone can see your FMM questions. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
What’s in Your Fridge?
1. List a few common items that can always be found in your fridge. Greek yogurt, kale, peppers, milk, grapes
2. What kind of milk do you drink? Unsweetened almond milk
3. Do you prefer fresh or frozen vegetables? Definitely fresh, but in a pinch frozen will do.
4. What do you currently have to drink in the fridge? Recycled bottles of water, a Brita pitcher of water, almond milk, lime seltzer, orange juice and organic milk for Carlos and Orlando, an unopened bottle of white wine for a special occasion
5. How often do you clean out your refrigerator? Every couple of weeks
6. What’s the healthiest thing in it right now? Kale, spinach, peppers
7. What’s the most unhealthy thing in it right now? Left over pizza from last night, but it will be eaten by Carlos and Orlando, oh and Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies bought for a babysitter over the summer. I should throw them out.
8. What do you wish you had in it that you don’t have now? It’s well stocked at the moment, but I wish I had precooked meals already prepared in the refrigerator.
9. How often do you shop for groceries? Oh lord I practically live at the grocery store. However, I actually just tried our local supermarket, Stop & Shop’s grocery delivery service Peapod. My first delivery was on Saturday morning. I am hooked. I can see that there is a huge potential to save money. It will make recipe planning much easier. Not to mention the time I will save if I don’t have to go to the grocery store, load and unload the groceries and then put them away. I will still shop for some produce, but my grocery trips will be much much less time consuming. Peapod is offering 60 days free shipping on orders over $100.
10. What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now? Probably the container of nutritional yeast.
Bonus: If you could choose one thing to put in the fridge and make it calorie-free what would it be? Any kind of nut butter or sunflower seed butter
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to visit Kenlie’s blog and link up in the comments!