It’s August already! And it’s Monday again, really? I’ve gotten off track a bit with the focus of this blog. I am determined to begin my marathon training posts tomorrow. I still can’t quite believe that I’m running another marathon in November. I began marathon training about a month ago and almost as soon as it started it abruptly stopped due to some minor issues like a hamstring pull and an Achilles strain. I’m happy to report that I’m back in action. Philly here I come…slowly but surely. In the meantime it really is Monday and time for Friend Makin’ Mondays.
If you have taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so others can see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers by posting your own FMM post and commenting on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: A Little More Personal
1. Are you a morning person? I think I’m just an all day person. I don’t love the idea of getting up in the morning to go to work which is part of the reason why I enjoy working nights. However, I was up at 5am this morning to go to the gym because it was my only opportunity to work out. On my nights off I get up when my son comes in my room in the morning which is usually around 5:45am. I’m not grumpy or hard to wake in the morning.
2. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? I’m probably more of an extrovert but not to any extreme.
3. Are you addicted to anything? If so, what? Peanut butter and my iPhone.
4. How many times have you been in love? Once and I’m still in love with him. We will celebrate our 11 year wedding anniversary in September.
5. What is your position on politics? I’ll never tell! It gets more confusing every time I read the news. I will say that I feel differently about many things now than I did in my 20s.
6. Are you religious? I don’t go to church. I was raised Catholic, but my parents didn’t really practice the religion. I am fascinated by all religions and love to learn about them. I have attended different denominational services especially living abroad. I respect a person’s right to worship. I am spiritual in my own ways and pray in private. I think a basic religious foundation is important so for now my son is attending Catholic school.
7. Would you prefer backpacking or a luxury hotel? I’ve done both and at this stage in my life I prefer the latter.
8. Do you have/want pets? I don’t have any nor do I want any. My son thinks I am allergic to animals (I’m not – don’t judge) though his request to have a dinosaur was accepted pending his ability to find one in need of a home. I have nothing against animals I just don’t want to be responsible for one.
9. Are you a sports fan? Yes I am. I always cheer for our home teams. I enjoy going to sporting events. I really wish I could watch more of the Olympics. My husband and I are going to our first Red Sox game at Fenway on his birthday in a few weeks. I’ve seen them play the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. If you know anything about the two teams you will understand how brutal that situation is for Red Sox fans.
10. How often do you brush your teeth? This question cracks me up. The answer really should be two or more for everyone. I brush my teeth in the morning and at night before bed everyday. I also brush around 5am when I’m at work so my patients do not have to endure coffee breath when I check vital signs in the morning.
11. Do you have tattoos and/or piercings? Ear piercings and 1 tattoo in an well hidden place on my body. I don’t necessarily regret the tattoo but if someone offered to remove it free of charge I would jump at the opportunity.
12. What’s your favorite clothing brand? Dickies, Cherokee or Champion! Not really, but I live in scrubs or workout clothing. I tend to shop mostly at Loft. I have a very difficult time buying clothes to flatter my pear shaped body. To all the skinny jean and straight leg pants designers out there, how about something stylish for the curvy girls?
13. Should a man open doors for a woman? I think people should just be more respectful overall. If I get to the door first I hold it. With that said I am doing my best to encourage gentlemanly behavior in my son. It’s certainly not a bad thing.
14. Which season is your favorite? I adore the fall. I love the colors, the scents, the foliage and the crispness in the air.
15. Would you rather eat less or workout more? I would rather workout more, but I’ve come to the discovery that I need to focus on both my portions and working out regularly if I’m going to be successful at reaching my goal weight.
16. What’s your idea of romance? A night out alone with my husband would be romantic enough for me.
17. How often do you do things that are outside of your comfort zone? All the time! I am constantly doing things that push me outside of my comfort zone particularly with running. Each race is an opportunity to do better, go faster and learn something new. I am in the midst of trying to find baby sitters in my area and have joined an online sitter service. I wish I could just find sitters who live nearby or who are already known to me. I’ve resisted joining a service until now because it seemed a bit overwhelming. I’m learning the ropes of finding a babysitter this way and hoping I will find a few college students who can babysit with Carlos on occasion.
18. Christmas or Halloween? I love the Christmas season. I just abhor the idea of excessive gift giving.
19. Would you rather live in the country or the city? I would prefer to be in or close to a city.
20. Share your life philosophy. Never give up on yourself.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to visit Kenlie’s blog and link up in the comments!