I really enjoy taking part in Friend Makin’ Mondays even though I don’t get a chance to do it until Tuesday. It’s a nice break from all the running talk. If you’re new to Friend Makin’ Mondays, please answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at:www.alltheweigh.com so everyone can see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so after posting your own FMM post on Kenlie’s page take some time to comment on a couple of other posts. Here is this week’s topic:
FMM: I am…
1. I am good at…listening to others. I really am. I actually look at people when they are talking to me. I am engaged in what they are saying rather than drifting off into my own world. I let people finish a sentence or an entire paragraph without interrupting.
2. I am happy when…I see my son’s face or hear his voice. He just makes me smile.
3. I am working on…loving myself for who I am right now.
4. I am interested in…a million things! Right now my interests are running, learning to cook and bake vegan, and improving my really crappy photography skills.
5. I am always…awake?! That was the first thing that came to mind. It often feels like I’m always awake because I work nights.
6. I am enjoying…blogging. I was a bit on the fence about it in the beginning, but I enjoy it a lot. It’s a great outlet for all of the many thoughts I have and it’s been a fun way for me to document my marathon training.
7. I am in…my kitchen in Western Massachusetts. Boring!
8. I am reading…Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. It is interesting enough that I want to finish it but it is definitely not gripping enough to keep me from putting it down. There are so many books I would like to read just have a look at my Good Reads To Read Shelf.
9. I am concerned about…my husband who was just laid off yesterday. He is a mason and winter layoffs are expected, but this one came as a surprise and much sooner than anticipated. We plan for it financially each year, but I always worry about his spirit when this happens. He is a hard worker and likes to have a routine. It’s not even 9am here and my husband has already left to meet with his union representative to see about other work in the area. Deep down I know everything will be ok, it always is, but initially the layoff creates a worry in me. Of course it is always around the holidays which makes it more frustrating.
10. I am looking forward to…the Disney Marathon and our Florida vacation. Seriously after my 22 mile run on Sunday I am so ready for this race!