I’ve been a real bummer lately both here on the blog and in life in general. Thanks for bearing with me. Well I’m done feeling sorry for myself. I said what I had to say, and it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I not only released my thoughts here, but to my husband as well. I stewed about things for a few days, but then the cloud lifted and there was only one way to go. I quickly jumped into forward motion. I broke out the juicer and made a nice refreshing green juice. I got my Vitamix all in a tizzy making my green smoothies. I chopped up all the veggies I could find, threw them in a pot and made a hearty vegetable soup for the week. I also washed and tore up a few heads of kale for easy salads. I sliced up a pineapple and made a pot of brown rice. During a lull last night at work I put a tentative workout plan on the calendar. Sure I’ve got some issues with food. They have been with me for a very long time. However, I am actively working on them. I refuse to undo all of the progress I have made over the last few years. I’m determined to overcome this.
Quick and Easy Questions
1. What time did you go to bed last night? I went to bed around 8pm and got up at 10pm for work. Last night was my first night back to work after an uneventful yet unplanned four nights off. Somehow I managed to get my co-worker to switch a night with me last week so that I could finagle the four nights off. It was a welcome treat for myself and my family.
2. What is the last thing that made you smile? Last night before work I went in to kiss Carlos goodbye and his face was turned toward the doorway so I could see it in the dim light that streamed through. He looked so peaceful and content, and it made me smile. I just stood there for a few minutes watching him sleep, so precious! These moments are fleeting and I know they must be savored. Oh crap now I’m starting to tear up. Next…
3. What is the last movie you watched? The last movie I saw in the theater was Catching Fire from the Hunger Games series. As I was proofreading this post I realized that my answer should really be Disney’s Frozen which recently won a Golden Globe for best animated feature film. I saw it with Carlos and a group of friends. I can’t lie, I’m not a big fan of animation. However, this was very entertaining.
4. What did you have for breakfast today? I had a smoothie with frozen wild blueberries, a few pieces of banana, almond milk, Vega Vanilla Chai, cinnamon and at the last minute I threw in a teaspoon of spirulina. Good lord why do I torture myself with that pungent algae powder? I tell myself if I can just manage to get it in the smoothie without smelling it I won’t even notice it. Lies, it’s all lies. I smell it every time and it kind of (but not entirely) ruins the deliciousness of my smoothie.
5. Would you rather mop all of your floors or do laundry? Laundry, hands down. I hate mopping the floor.
6. Do you drink coffee? Yes, I do drink coffee at work usually. I go through phases when I drink more than one cup a night and then sometimes I don’t drink any for a few nights.
7. Will you watch the Superbowl? Like salt on a wound people! The sores have yet to heal and you’re already talking Superbowl?! I’m a New England girl! Just kidding. I actually didn’t even watch last night’s sorry excuse of a game. Though I’m sure I will watch the Superbowl.
8. How often do you shop for groceries? I am fairly certain that I actually work part time at Stop & Shop only I never get a pay check. Seriously, it’s kind of embarrassing how often I’m at the grocery store. There’s just always something that I’ve forgotten for home or school or Orlando has eat all the bananas again or Carlos has a play date and I have no “normal” snacks.
9. What kind of workout will you do today? Carlos and I are going to run a mile shortly and I might throw in some foam rolling and a few yoga stretches. Since Carlos is home from school because of Martin Luther King Day it is essentially a rest day.
10. Do you use a fitness tracker? I don’t have anything that constantly tracks like a FitBit. I use MapMyRun to track my runs. I have a bulky Garmin Forerunner, but since I always run with my iPhone the MapMyRun app is easier for me to use. I also track on occasion at My Fitness Pal, my user name is mozaim if you want to find me. If you do follow me on MFP please know that I am very inconsistent. I track my food mostly on paper unless I’m really trying to get a handle on calories. Sometimes I jump back and forth between the two depending on what is more readily accessible.
Have a wonderful Monday!