It’s starting to feel like entire days are missing. How is it already Monday again?
If you have taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so others can see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers by posting your own FMM post and commenting on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Tech Questions
1. PC or Mac? Mac!! Prior to my switch to Apple I had a Toshiba laptop. I was in nursing school and had just completed a lengthy paper. Suddenly my screen froze. I tried everything. I even waited 24 hours while trying to control my emotions. This had happened so many times before. The computer was running so slowly and it was growing increasingly more frustrating to use. I sat staring at the frozen screen in despair. Although I should have been rewriting the paper I made an impromptu phone call to Apple and within 72 hours I had my very own iMac. My love for Apple grew even more when I received my current MacBook as a gift from my husband. It was life changing.
2. When did you get your first computer? My sister and I got a Radio Shack Tandy computer probably around 1985 or so. I remember spending days typing in a program to simply change the color of the screen! It’s really incredible how much things have changed. I’m so grateful that I have managed to keep up with the technology enough to use it comfortably.
3. Do you use cable, DSL or something else? I have high speed cable internet through Comcast. It’s about the only thing I can get in my area.
4. When choosing a laptop, do you think it’s more important to choose the fastest one, or the lightest one? I don’t want a 10 pound laptop, but I definitely prefer speed over weight. The MacBook Air is tempting, but if I had to buy a new laptop today it would be the MacBook Pro. I might even spring for the 15″ screen since we use the computer quite often to watch movies and TV shows.
5. What kind of cell phone do you own? Do you like it? I have an iPhone and I love it…a little too much.
6. How do you carry your laptop when you travel? I carry it in a laptop case. It’s a bright orange ING carry case that I got for free for opening a savings account years ago. I don’t go far with my laptop so I haven’t invested in anything more stylish. On airplanes I keep the laptop with me and store it under the seat in front of me.
7. How many e-mails do you send on an average day? I probably only send a few a day.
8. Do you ever blog using your iPad or similar tablet? I used my iPhone once to write this post. It was a quick one so it was easy enough, not sure I could type a long post on the phone though.
9. What do you use more often – a desktop or a laptop? The old iMac desktop belongs to my son now. It is slow and when he was 2 he crammed lord only knows what into the disc drive. One of my work IDs popped out at one point and we know there is more in there because it is unusable. He navigates the internet like a pro, well the little of it he has access to thanks to parental controls.
With that said I use my laptop 100% of the time and I love it.
10. As a blogger, are there other gadgets that you need to get the job done? If so, what are they? I occasionally use my iPhone for photos or to respond to comments. I also have a lovely dSLR which I desperately want to learn how to use properly.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to visit Kenlie’s blog and link up in the comments!
I know! mac changes everything doesn’t it?
Stopping by from FMM
Hey! I opened a savings account through ING and never got a free laptop case … booo!!! 🙂
I need to learn how to use my camera too – I see many bloggers with the same camera as me and I am like WTF? My pictures don’t look anything like that!
I think Hannah is going to get a MacBook for school, she has an iPad an loves it, but its not practical for school work.
Hi Aimee! You’ll be absolutely shocked at how fast and well Carlos will handle all things tech. My kids all knew how to type well in the early grades, among other computer skills.
I’m definitely still a PC girl, but if I ever had the opportunity to play with a MAC, I’d probably change my mind.