This summer seems to be flying by. Carlos starts his first day of Kindergarten on August 29th. At this rate we will be there before we know it. There has been a lot of sun, tons of swimming, play dates, hikes, walks and fireworks. Today Carlos begins camp. I signed him up for a few different morning camps. This one is at a local park. The do arts and crafts, games, play on the playground, etc. It runs from 9am to noon which is just enough time for me to run, shower and do a few errands.
Carlos also takes swimming lessons Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the afternoon. They are learning strokes this summer. One of the best things I think you can do for your child is teach them to swim. We have an incredible program in town taught by my elderly neighbor. He has been teaching these lessons for over 50 years. He doesn’t use any flotation devices. You watch and think there is no way my child will learn to swim like this, but lo and behold they do. The goal of the beginner session is for the kids to swim (doggie paddle) from the deep end of the pool to the shallow end. This is a pool used for swim meets so it’s long. Carlos did it last summer so he is now in the next level of classes. I like how they continue to work with the kids once they know how to swim. Swimming is such a great activity and boy does it tire the kids out! Sleep has been absolutely no trouble this summer. In fact Carlos is usually asking us if he can go to bed by 7 o’clock.
So it’s been busy around here, but a good busy. Carlos and I have an awesome weekend coming up. I will be sure to blog about it. It involves dragons and a lot of color! This week’s Friend Makin’ Mondays topic couldn’t be more appropriate.
If you have taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so others can see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers by posting your own FMM post and commenting on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What is your favorite thing about Summer? Being outdoors all the time.
2. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Running
3. If you had to choose, would you prefer to be too hot or too cold? I would choose too cold as long as I could bundle up with as much clothing and as many blankets as I like. I would choose too hot if I could live near water.
4. Does your appetite increase or decrease during warmer months? Does it stay the same? My appetite graciously decreases in summer. I crave fruit and salads. I hate having to cook in the summer, but I do it anyway.
5. What is your favorite seasonal Summer fruit? Berries. We went blueberry picking yesterday and scored about 10 pounds!!
6. Would you prefer to spend a hot summer day at the mall or at a swimming pool? The pool definitely.
7. Are you more likely to tan or sunburn? I burn, but with sunblock I develop a nice glowing tan by the end of the summer.
8. How does your routine change when Summer begins? Carlos doesn’t have school in the summer so life gets even busier. I have had to rely on babysitters, early mornings and evenings for getting my workouts in. As I mentioned above we stay pretty busy during the summer. There is a lot more going on for kids in the summer. We spend a lot of time either at my mom’s pool, spray parks or at our favorite local lake with friends. To me summer is about being outside as much as possible.
9. What is the temperature outside where you are today? 82 degrees and climbing
10. What is your favorite Summer holiday? My birthday at the end of August?! I guess I would have to say 4th of July though we don’t really do anything all that exciting.
I hope you are enjoying your summer too. Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to visit Kenlie’s blog and link up in the comments!