If you have taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so others can see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers by posting your own FMM post and commenting on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Q & A
1. Share one thing that has changed about you since you began blogging. I’ve discovered a genuine network of support and encouragement which has motivated me to continue setting fitness goals and keep trying to accomplish my weight loss goals.
2. If you were forced to give up chocolate or potato chips for an entire year which one would you choose to live without? I don’t eat potato chips so that would be the easier of the two to give up, but realistically I should give up chocolate. I really love chocolate.
3. What’s more attractive? A man in a suit, or a man in uniform? I love a man in uniform! However, my husband does clean up quite nicely when he has to wear a suit.
4. If you could be a guest star on a reality show which one would it be? The Amazing Race. My husband and I would make a great team plus we have a cool story of how we met and we tend to disagree about things like directions and instructions which would lend just the right amount of bickering to the show.
5. What is the last meal that you prepared for yourself? Rice and beans Mozambican style.
6. Is your hair colored, or is it natural? I started going gray at age 25 so my hair is colored as closely to my natural color as possible.
7. If you could leave town today and go anywhere, where would you go? Anywhere would be fine! I always love visiting Mozambique. Life is slower there. I can actually shut myself off to technology and relax.
8. Do you prefer to exercise at the gym, at home or outside? I prefer to run outside, do strength training at the gym and the occasional work out DVD at home. If I could only do one it would be outside.
9. Have you ever asked someone out on a date? No, but my husband would disagree and say I pursued him. He lies!
10. How many cups of coffee do you drink on an average day? I only drink coffee at work and usually I drink 2 small cups per shift.
11. Do you pack lightly, or do you over pack? Well b.c. (before Carlos) I packed lightly. When my husband and I go away just the two of us we strive to bring only one carry on each and are usually successful. This is very rare though. Generally we are traveling with Carlos and packing lightly is nearly impossible. First it was diapers, wipes and formula and now it’s electronics, gigantic stuffed bunny and a million changes of clothing because boys get dirty very quickly! I keep trying to pare it down though.
12. What color are your nails now? Clear polish in need of a manicure. Light pink on toes in desperate need of a pedicure.
13. If you could have lunch with one notable (living) person who inspires you who would it be? This is the most difficult question for me. I am inspired by so many amazing people. I am particularly inspired by young people who are motivating change in their communities and beyond. I would have lunch with any one of the kids mentioned on the Kids Are Heroes website including its organizer 13 year old MaryMargaret who launched the website in 2008 with the help of her Dad, Gabe.
14. Who is your favorite professional athlete? Papi David Ortiz! Go Red Sox!!
15. Gum or mints? Mints. I really hate hearing people chew loudly so I try not to offend. If offered I will take a piece of gum because I worry the person is trying to tell me something. Gum on a plane is a must also.
16. Have you ever eaten crawfish? Yes in Mozambique they have giant crawfish (though I called them crayfish and after a few google searches learned they are essentially the same thing).
17. List one or more human characteristics that are a complete turn-off. Just one?! Laziness is at the top of my list. Move it!
18. What is your favorite season? I adore fall. I love the smells, the colors and the cool crisp air.
19. Do you prefer to shake hands or hug? I’m very affectionate with my husband and son, but outside of family I prefer to shake hands.
20. Can you quote lines from Saved by the Bell from memory? If so, what’s your favorite? No I never remember lines from anything. I admit that I did watch the show.