I saw this on Stephanie’s blog Running to Health and I really love the idea of summarizing the highlights in my first full year as a “runner.” The questions come from Miss Zippy a new to me blog, but one I look forward to reading.
- Best race experience? I think my best race experience this year would have to be my most recent half marathon in November. I had planned to do the 5k but when I broke my rib in September I didn’t bother signing up for the race. Just two days before the race I was feeling great and since my training plan called for 13 miles I thought I would go for it and do the Monson half marathon instead. It was a tough hilly course but the challenge of it made the finish even more sweet. It was my slowest half but considering where I had been just weeks before it was without a doubt the most gratifying race.
- Best run? The 22 mile run a few weeks ago has been my best and longest run yet. It pushed me beyond my comfort zone and made me think twice about ever saying “I can’t!”
- Best new piece of gear? I would have to say that my Garmin continues to be my favorite piece of running gear. I’m no longer stuck running around a track or calculating mileage in my car before a run.
- Best piece of running advice you received? Do not compare yourself to others. Run within yourself and for yourself first.
- Most inspirational runner? From the day my son took his first steps at 10 months old he was off and running. I knew I needed to get in shape and do something to keep up with him. Enter running! My son continues to inspire me to become a better, healthier person. I am also inspired by my younger cousin who has run a number of marathons and coaches for Team in Training.
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Amazing in motion! Cheesy I know but true.
Happy Holidays everyone!