1. I love to read but sometimes I get a little ahead of myself. I have three library books on my nightstand. Want to know what they are?
The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin by Kathy Griffin
I would like to finish them all by the end of November so I can dedicate the month of December to reading books about running, specifically marathon running. I’m pretty sure I will need a little inspiration and motivation at that point.
What are you reading?
2. The Disney Marathon is 75 days away. The website says, “the marathon course runs through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks starting at Epcot®, continuing on to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ and then back to Epcot® for an exhilarating
collapse finish.” Can’t wait!
3. Did you know that you should replace your running shoes every 300-500 miles. I just got a new pair. I keep the old pair for running in the rain or when it’s muddy or wet out since most of my running is on trails. This is my third pair of the same Nikes. I went to a running store and they fit me for running shoes based on my gait and how I wore out my previous pair of sneakers.
4. I saw this the other day while running at a different reservoir
I zoomed in to get a photo so I was quite a distance away. The snake scurried off into the woods.
5. I quit coffee! About a month ago I stopped drinking coffee. I really only drink it at work anyway. So I started bringing tea to work. I feel much less dehydrated after a night at work. I also don’t get a headache when I’m off for a couple of nights because my body is craving coffee.
My favorites at the moment are the mineral tea I bought to aid in bone healing, Holiday Chai and Vanilla Cinnamon teas from Stash. A couple of years ago my sister spent a few weeks in India and brought me a box of Indian Vanilla Green Tea. I loved it so much I contacted the company in India and ordered 4 more boxes. I’m now down to my last box. Too bad I couldn’t visit India myself to replenish my supply.