This was my first full weekend off in almost a month.  I had Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights off which was wonderful and much needed.

Thursday was a busy errands day.  I had to make a Costco run, return books to the library, and drop off a form to work.  We snuck in an hour at the playground.  The sun was shining but it was still cold.  Carlos didn’t mind though. I get him outside in some way, shape or form every day unless it is raining.

Thursday night I went out to dinner with two of my nursing school friends.  It’s hard to believe we graduated five years ago.  The time has gone by so quickly.  It was so nice to see the girls. We chit chatted the night away and enjoyed a nice Italian dinner. I had a pasta dish with salmon.  It was just ok.  I ate all of the salmon and left a little over half of the pasta to take home.  The star of dinner was the gorgonzola garlic bread.

Friday I went to the gym in the morning.  I really wasn’t feeling motivated at all, but I went and got in a decent hour long workout.  I picked Carlos up from school and we came home for lunch. We had a play date planned for the afternoon so he took a short nap.  Then we went to his friend’s house for some outside trampoline jumping.

Friday night I did something I haven’t done since nursing school.  Dork alert! We live just minutes from Mount Holyoke College.  They have one of the most gorgeous libraries. It is a joy just to sit in it.  I packed up my lap top and bill folder and headed out to the library at the college to get some work done.  I usually just settle down in bed with the lap top after Carlos goes to bed, but I fall asleep so easily.  I stopped at the little coffee shop inside and bought a small nonfat mocha au lait.  Brought me right back to my nursing school days! I spread out at a table and got to work.  I only had a couple of hours since the library closed at 10 pm but I was so productive in that time. I loved feeling just a little bit like a student again.

Saturday was another busy day and despite the cold I started it with a 3 mile run around my neighborhood.  Then I brought Carlos to art class in town.  I get to hang out in a coffee shop for the hour that he is in class which is such a treat for me. After art class it was home for Carlos’ lunch and to prepare a few things for the afternoon.  We had plans to go to be oldest and dearest friend’s house.  We grew up across the street from each other.  She is a nurse practitioner and truly one of the most intelligent people I know.  She has four boys that range in age from 15 to 4.  They are great kids. I made a spinach salad with blackberries, pear, cucumber, red onion and goat cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing to bring along with the “green” cupcakes. An entire dozen cupcakes were demolished by everyone.  They loved them even when I told them the “secret” ingredient.  It was a really fun afternoon.

This morning I got up determined to make good on a promise.  After the half marathon last October I promised that I would do a double digit run once a month until I began training for another half marathon.  I have made good on that promise and with March coming to an end I knew that it was today or never.  I went to the reservoir and completed three loops around for 10.5 miles.  It felt great to run outdoors but it was still a little colder than I would have liked. The run was slow, but I pushed through.

Now I am just chillin’ with my little guy.  He is watching a Peanuts DVD and I am writing this.  We are going to eat dinner in a few and then I hope to rest a bit before work.

One thought on “Weekend

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s