If you have taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so others can see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers by posting your own FMM post and commenting on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What is your favorite thing about this time of year? I love the colors, smells and feel of fall. I love settling back into sweaters and jeans. I love the cool crisp air. You can’t beat running in the fall. Ok I can’t choose just one thing I love about fall. It’s my favorite time of year.
2. What do you hope to do again before Summer is officially over? Too late it’s officially over! However, next week we are hoping to catch a little extra summer before winter arrives so I will be getting a pedicure and breaking out the flip flops, bathing suit and summer dresses for a short time.
3. When did you last go on a hay ride? A few weeks ago at the orchard where we went apple picking.
4. What is your favorite pumpkin dish? I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin in my oats, pumpkin in my yogurt but I’m not a big fan of pumpkin pie.
5. Do you decorate your home for fall? I do. I am beginning to restore my fall decoration collection after finding my bin of decorations moldy and wet a few years ago. I must have left the lid open when I put them away the season before. I try to buy one nice decoration each year. I also attempt to put a few pots of mums out on the front steps.
6. Do you have any hobbies that are seasonally specific? If so, what are they? No, I don’t have any fall hobbies but I enjoy doing activities common in the fall like apple picking, picking out pumpkins, corn mazes and leaf peeping.
7. Apple cider or hot chocolate? Hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick. Hot chocolate is a winter treat for me.
8. Are you a fan of football? If so, who is your team? I do like football. I just don’t have the time to watch it. I am a New England Patriots fan. Yes even after the crap they played yesterday and last Sunday. I’m also a UMass Amherst alum and would love to start going to a game or two each fall, but they just went up a division and now play in Foxboro, MA at Gillette Stadium where the Patriot’s play which is about 90 minutes away. They’re not very good, but I guess if they want to play in a higher division they have to have a bigger stadium.
9. Share a fond Fall memory. My best fall memories have been made since Carlos was born. Now we do all of those “fall things” together and have lots of photos to cherish the memories. Probably the best fall memories are made by jumping in the leaves. It makes me a kid again. We enjoy the gorgeous fall hikes in our area. We did a really fun corn maze last year. Carving the annual jack-o-lantern with Carlos is always a blast. He has made my favorite time of year a million times better.
10. It’s not Fall until…The leaves start crunching under my feet. On Saturday, Carlos and I took a long walk on a new to us bike trail and we both seemed to notice at the same time that the leaves were crunching under our feet because we looked at each other and said “it’s fall.” What have I done to this poor child? It seems Carlos loves the fall too.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to visit Kenlie’s blog and link up in the comments!
So I guess it’s kind of obvious that I adore fall. Here are a few other favorite things about the fall season in case you haven’t had enough yet:
Favorite candle scent – Macintosh apple
Favorite apple – you guessed it Macintosh
Favorite fall recipe – this Maple Butternut Squash and Apple Casserole from Angela at Oh She Glows. I’ve already made it once this season and I will likely make it a few more times. It is like dinner and dessert all rolled into one. If you haven’t visited Angela’s blog please do. She creates some of the most delicious vegan dishes not to mention the visual appeal of her photos.
OK that’s enough right?! I’ll stop now. I hope you’re having a great Monday. I’m off to pick up the little guy at school and then we are headed to the playground with some friends from school (this is more for the moms but it’s a win/win). Happy Fall!