We had a nice weekend. The weather was gorgeous, felt like fall. A friend from my Peace Corps days spent the weekend here. He was content with just hanging out and going with the flow of our plans. I get the feeling from a few of my friends that they find my home relaxing and come here to sort of get away from the hustle and bustle of their lives. This makes me happy. So we didn’t do anything terribly exciting. We went to a busy farm store and bought some local Macintosh apples, apple cider and corn on the cob. Carlos had his first soccer practice of the season. I ran an awesome 6 miles on Sunday.
Tonight we are going to an Ice Cream Social for my son’s school. The teacher said he had a great today and an excellent nap. Kindergarten really tires him out because he hasn’t taken naps in almost 2 years. He’s always been a good sleeper though. So we are off shortly, but before we go I wanted to share my answers for this week’s Friend Makin’ Mondays all about blog stuff.
If you have taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so others can see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers by posting your own FMM post and commenting on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Have you ever met anyone through your blog that led to an in-person friendship/relationship? No.
2. Most bloggers have a specific niche. What would you discuss if it didn’t seem inappropriate on your blog? I would talk about my job more often if not for HIPAA (privacy) laws.
3. If you could meet three bloggers, who would they be? Honestly I would love to meet all the bloggers I read, but for the sake of answering the question I will name 3. I would love to meet Biz, Marion and Carina. I think each of these women exemplify strength, intelligence and dedication. I also appreciate their support and honest opinions.
4. If you had to choose between Facebook or Twitter which one would you choose? Facebook, though I have a love/hate relationship with it. I tweet every now and then, but I feel like I’m invisible out there. I enjoy some of the articles I find via Twitter. Other than that I am not sure I really grasp the concept of Twitter.
5. Do you vlog (video blog?) No.
6. How many blogs do you read on an average day? I read about 15 blogs regularly, but not all of the bloggers post daily.
7. What is the coolest thing that you’ve seen online recently? I recently read this interesting article about how technology keeps us connected nearly all the time.
8. If you gave your blog a new name what would it be? I would probably just use my real name.
9. Have you ever attended a blog conference like Fitbloggin? If not, would you? I would love to attend Fitbloggin though I think I would feel a bit out of place.
10. In the past I have asked why you blog. Now I want to know why you read blogs? What do you take from it? I read blogs that I find helpful, interesting, and inspiring. I find 99% of the recipes I make from blogs I read. I love reading about people’s journeys to a healthier life. I enjoy learning about different ideas and experiences.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to visit Kenlie’s blog and link up in the comments!