I absolutely love reading those posts where bloggers mention current favorite things in their lives. The posts are fun and often introduce me to something new. So I thought I would give it a try with just a handful of things I’m enjoying these days.
- Victoria Secret’s Love is Heavenly fragrance. I’ve never been complimented on a scent I’ve worn until I started wearing this. My husband and my son were practically taking turns sniffing me the first time I wore it!
- The Orchestra App which is essentially a “to do” list. I like the voice activated command feature which allows you to speak your tasks while the app automatically jots them down. You can assign tasks to different people like I do with my husband. Orchestra will email or text the person the information. With a quick touch you check off items once completed. I’m always experimenting with new ways to stay organized and this has proven to be very useful and user friendly.
- Vega One Nutritional Shake in Chai Vanilla flavor. I love the flavor of this, warm and spicy. It is not gritty or chalky once blended into a smoothie. The flavor is light yet adds enough sweetness that I do not add any sweetener to it. It is vegan as well as gluten, dairy and soy free. Probably the only downfall is the price. It is about $60 for a 30 oz. container. To offset the price I usually use only half a scoop. I’ve tried other protein powders and shake mixes, but this is by far my favorite.
- The extended service plan from Radio Shack. My son has quite possibly gone through more headphones in his short life than I have owned in my long life. OK maybe not, but close! About 2 months ago I bought him yet a new pair of headphones from Radio Shack because we had a road trip and well, there are only so many times I can listen to the dialogue from Cars 2 shrieking in the backseat. The cashier asked if I would like to purchase the extended service plan for $1. I’m not big on warranties and things like this. They tend to be difficult to use and not worth the money, but I decided to go for it given the sheer number of headphones we’ve replaced this year alone. Lo and behold about 6 weeks after buying the headphones they broke. Now my son assures me it’s not his fault so it probably was his doing, but that doesn’t matter because we have an extended service plan. We popped back into Radio Shack, provided some information and in about a week my son had a brand new pair of headphones at no charge. OK that’s not entirely true. I paid the $1 to get a new extended service plan. Well worth it in my opinion.
- If you don’t follow Satu at Bodycapable.com you should head over there. She writes about her journey to live a healthy lifestyle despite the challenge of having a sedentary desk job. Her posts are often based on articles and books she has read and provide thought provoking information. Yesterday she put up a post that, I am honored to say, features my fitness story. Thanks so much Satu!
What are your favorite things?
I’ll have to check out that orchestra app – I am going app crazy of here! Happy Friday Aimee – hope you have a great weekend and don’t have to work much! 😀
Aimee!! Congrats on being featured as an exercise hero…that was a great article to read…very motivating as usual. I’ve already added her to my blogroll. I also love the Friday favorites and I find that I see so much more than I would on my own. At first when I started doing it I kept thinking…I don’t see that much to show on my own blog, but now I have to cut stuff out because there is just so much 🙂
I’ll have to check out the Orchestra app…I’m always looking for ways to stay better organized. What WOULD we do without iPhones?? 🙂
I’ve never heard of that scent. I always wear Curve for Men (don’t really like floral scents and it is a very clean scent and I ALWAYS have co-workers and patients complimenting me even though I can never smell it anymore…my nose has adjusted!
Thanks Kaye. I love my iPhone!
Great interview, Aimee…so awesome to be featured on the blog 🙂
I need to check out that perfume, I need a new summer one!
Vega powder has been on my shopping list for months. Unfortunately, it’s not sold widely here, and according to the web, there’s one store in the area, and I never seem to be near there. But I have a magazine ad torn out (for Vega) and it’s sitting on my counter so I don’t forget.
Carina I have had luck buying Vega powder on Open Sky. I was able to use credits plus a special free shipping day and recently bought the large tub of Vega for $25 (normally $55).
And going to have to check out your feature today!
I have been on the hunt for protein powder, I will give this one a try. I love these lists too, always finding great new things to check out.
Congrats on being featured! Very cool!
Hi Aimee! I loved Satu’s “hero” article on you! You are a much huge-r person than you realize, in all good things.
I also love Victoria’s Secret perfumes and sprays. The 3 daughters and I go to the semi-annual sale and buy bags filled with perfumes, sprays, and body butters. We have the best time spraying each other’s forearms, knees, ankles, elbows, and backs with different scents to figure out our favorites.
I missed the Victoria’s Secret semi-annual sale just recently. The scents are such a luxurious treat and make me feel good.
I love the Vega One nutritional shake, and the VS sprays are the best 🙂
congratulations on your fitness story being featured, what an honour and so
well deserved 🙂
Congrats on the fitness feature – that is so cool 😀
And I adore the orchestra app!
Choc Chip Uru
Welcome! Thanks for stopping by.
Congrats on your fitness story being featured – going to check it out.
Oh my, so sorry to hear about your cars. Ironically, we were in the exact same boat, more so than you realized. It was our garage door first, then my husband’s car went in for scheduled maintenance (upwards of $750), and then mine had the mechanical issues (again, upwards of $750). We’re so lucky that financially that’s not the end of the world, but yeah, not quitting my job anytime soon, and just peeved that we’re spending money not in the way we wanted or planned.
This post is great! That Orchestra app sounds like something I’d love, because, like you, I’m really into organization. I’m heading over to that site to read your story now. Congrats on the feature!