I absolutely love reading those posts where bloggers mention current favorite things in their lives. The posts are fun and often introduce me to something new. So I thought I would give it a try with just a handful of things I’m enjoying these days.
- Victoria Secret’s Love is Heavenly fragrance. I’ve never been complimented on a scent I’ve worn until I started wearing this. My husband and my son were practically taking turns sniffing me the first time I wore it!
- The Orchestra App which is essentially a “to do” list. I like the voice activated command feature which allows you to speak your tasks while the app automatically jots them down. You can assign tasks to different people like I do with my husband. Orchestra will email or text the person the information. With a quick touch you check off items once completed. I’m always experimenting with new ways to stay organized and this has proven to be very useful and user friendly.
- Vega One Nutritional Shake in Chai Vanilla flavor. I love the flavor of this, warm and spicy. It is not gritty or chalky once blended into a smoothie. The flavor is light yet adds enough sweetness that I do not add any sweetener to it. It is vegan as well as gluten, dairy and soy free. Probably the only downfall is the price. It is about $60 for a 30 oz. container. To offset the price I usually use only half a scoop. I’ve tried other protein powders and shake mixes, but this is by far my favorite.
- The extended service plan from Radio Shack. My son has quite possibly gone through more headphones in his short life than I have owned in my long life. OK maybe not, but close! About 2 months ago I bought him yet a new pair of headphones from Radio Shack because we had a road trip and well, there are only so many times I can listen to the dialogue from Cars 2 shrieking in the backseat. The cashier asked if I would like to purchase the extended service plan for $1. I’m not big on warranties and things like this. They tend to be difficult to use and not worth the money, but I decided to go for it given the sheer number of headphones we’ve replaced this year alone. Lo and behold about 6 weeks after buying the headphones they broke. Now my son assures me it’s not his fault so it probably was his doing, but that doesn’t matter because we have an extended service plan. We popped back into Radio Shack, provided some information and in about a week my son had a brand new pair of headphones at no charge. OK that’s not entirely true. I paid the $1 to get a new extended service plan. Well worth it in my opinion.
- If you don’t follow Satu at Bodycapable.com you should head over there. She writes about her journey to live a healthy lifestyle despite the challenge of having a sedentary desk job. Her posts are often based on articles and books she has read and provide thought provoking information. Yesterday she put up a post that, I am honored to say, features my fitness story. Thanks so much Satu!
What are your favorite things?