I am awaiting some photos from my friends who were at the finish line of the marathon, but I am working on my recap post. I am hoping to have it up this weekend. Right now I’m relaxing in Ft. Lauderdale, FL at my Dad’s. Carlos is having a great time playing with his Grandpa. My husband unfortunately had to return home on Sunday to go back to work on Monday. This has been a fabulous vacation so far. The best part is that I don’t have to return to work until Sunday night. So I will have a few days after I return home to settle in and get organized for the week ahead.
I love these Friend Makin’ Monday posts even if I don’t get them up until Tuesday. Please visit Kenlie’s site to read hers and many more.
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday? I enjoy going for a long run in the morning. Then it depends on my husband’s work schedule and Carlos’ activities for the day. I just kind of go with the flow. I absolutely love when we can all do something as a family like go for a hike or go for a drive to someplace new. I also love to visit with family.
2) List your top three favorite TV shows. I honestly don’t watch TV, but I do try to follow the Amazing Race and the Biggest Loser online. I also love House Hunters International and I usually catch about 10 minutes of it with my husband before I go to work at night.
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them? Oh take them definitely, but this is something I am working on. When my son was almost a year old I was going through all the photos of his first year to put together photo books and calendars for Christmas gifts. I realized sadly that there were few photos of the two of us. I always avoided photos because I hated the way I looked in them, but I didn’t want my son’s life to be devoid of photographic memories of me. This was part of the reason I decided to start living a healthier lifestyle. One of my goals for this year is to have professional family photos done before the holidays.
4) Why do you blog? I started this blog to document my marathon training. It has been a really fun experience and I plan to continue blogging now that the marathon is over.
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be? Right now it would have to be Hal Higdon @higdonmarathon. I followed his training plans for my first half marathon and my first marathon. He has run 111 marathons so he certainly knows what he’s talking about. I felt very prepared in both cases and I would love to thank him in person and hear all about his incredible experiences both as a runner and a long time writer.
7) List a few of your favorite snacks. Fruit, granola bars and nuts. I also enjoy baking healthy snacks.
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind? No we don’t have any pets.
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without? My iPhone, iPod and my laptop.
10) What’s your favorite drink? I am a water girl, just plain old water.
11) Do you enjoy cooking? Yes I love cooking. It’s a relatively new hobby for me and I credit the blog world for inspiring me to start cooking. I’ve grown more adventurous and ambitious in the kitchen.
12) Do you have children? I have one adorable 5 year old son.
13) What are your favorite hobbies? Cooking, reading, hiking and running.
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing? I think I’m outgoing for the most part but I can be reserved at times.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change? I would stop sweating the small stuff (oh and of course lose those last 15-20 pounds!).
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress? I don’t really have a favorite actor or actress.
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week? I ran my first marathon!!!
18) Do you live near your family or far from them? I live about 15 minutes from my Mom and my Grandmother. My sister is about an hour and 15 minutes away. My Dad lives in Florida which is a 3 hour plane ride away. My in-laws live in Mozambique.
19) List three of your talents. When I think of talent I think of the arts. There are few things I am decent at though. I think I’m a pretty good mother. I’m a really good listener. I also have good organizational skills.
20) What is your greatest attribute? Determination!
Hope you are having a great day! I’m off to have some fun in the sun.
Love your comment about taking pictures vs. being in them…that makes me sad too because I’ve realized the same thing. Another good motivation for getting healthier and liking the way I look!
How awesome to be able to say you ran a marathon this week!?
I check CNN a lot as well, I still haven’t made my way into the Twitter world though, I’m probably the only 24 year old our there without an account 🙂
I’m not sure you’re missing much on Twitter Sam. I definitely don’t think you’re the only one even in your age group without an account. I do get a laugh from some of the celebrity tweets though.
I’m totally stealing this for a post! Congrats on your marathon!