1. We had two parties to go to this weekend and it was my weekend to work so I didn’t have a lot of time to get creative. There are two go to salads that I’m able to whip up fairly quickly for a party or get together. The first is one of my own concoctions. It’s simple, light and really quick and easy to make.
Broccoli Slaw Salad
1 bag of broccoli slaw
half a cup of Craisins
1/3 cup of crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup of slivered almonds
mix with about 1/2 cup Poppy Seed dressing (any kind will do)
-The measurements are estimates. I never actually measure. I just eyeball it because it’s really up to what I have on hand. I’ve also added matchstick sliced apples or pears, peanuts instead of almonds and I’ve used a lemon vinaigrette dressing rather than poppy seed dressing though I prefer the poppy seed.
The other is Southwestern Black Bean Salad compliments of Gina at Skinnytaste. If you have never visited this website please do. It is a treasure chest of recipes complete with Weight Watcher points and nutritional stats not to mention the gorgeous photos that accompany each recipe. I get rave reviews every time I bring this salad somewhere and I am always asked to provide the recipe.
2. My favorite facial cleanser is Checks and Balances by Origins. I try to be economical and at $15 this product seems a little pricy to me. I didn’t buy it again after I ran out last time and I have missed it ever since. My face just doesn’t feel as squeaky clean with the other cleansers I tried. I received an email from Origins offering free shipping and 20% off so I ordered the cleanser. I’m so happy to have it back. Now I will say this stuff lasts forever and I probably only go through 2 tubes a year. I think my face is worthy of $30 a year!
3. Mother Nature has been ridiculously awesome this December. I never imagined I would still be running outdoors at this point, but I am taking full advantage of the clear weather.
4. I haven’t even started Christmas shopping unless you count the fact that I have Amazon.com open in another tab on my browser and I have three things in my cart. This month is going by way too fast.
5. My baby is going to be 5 years old on Saturday. He was born on my sister’s birthday. For years she has been trying to convince us how horrible it is to have a December birthday especially one a week away from Christmas. I believe it now and ironically Scary Mommy did a fantastically funny post about this topic. She would like to declare March National Abstinence Month!
6. Only 23 days until the Disney Marathon! I received my bib number. It is 8503. It’s starting to feel real! And speaking of the marathon…I will be back tomorrow will a recap of my training last week. It was a great week.