I have to confess that I am still on the fence about this blog business. I am trying to find my groove with it, but it still feels awkward at times. I worry about blog etiquette, like did I link to everything I was supposed to, did I reference a recipe properly, am I supposed to tell bloggers if I link to them or their recipe, etc. I read a number of blogs but I am not out to emulate any of them. I want the blog to feel natural and therefore I want readers to come to it naturally. I’m ok with the fact that practically no one reads it yet. If it’s meant to be read then it will be read.
I like having the blog. I love writing about running and fitness, my struggles with weight and my journey to a more healthful life. When I was much heavier I was miserable and it was evident, but for so long I felt like I couldn’t talk about what I was feeling inside. Unfortunately when you start making positive changes people don’t want to hear about that either. They either think you’re preaching or they are envious. So I appreciate having an outlet to write about the great things happening in my life and equally the not so great things that are bound to happen from time to time.
I think I just convinced myself to keep blogging!
Well with that out of the way how about some more confessions about me:
- I have recently succeeded in eliminating all meat from my diet, but I haven’t been able to give up fish/seafood yet.
- I really want to go on the Amazing Race.
- I love working the night shift.
- I ♥ my MacBook and my iPhone.
- I don’t like mayonnaise (this always seems to surprise people?)!
- My idea of a fun night out is browsing Whole Foods alone.